The last couple of months have proven to be very productive. I have begun general sewing and also working on completing UFO’s.
I am currently working on a quilt I began about two years ago for a friend.
I purchased the pattern called “A petite French star” from Hettie’s Patch which is my local quilt shop. I chose a Brenda Riddle collection of fabrics called Ambleside designed for Moda fabrics.
This quilt is for a little girl and the fabrics are very pretty and delicate looking when put together.
I completed all the blocks a few months ago, of which this is one.
This weekend I put the blocks together and completed the quilt top, the final measurement will be 80 x 50 inches. The backing and binding will be a soft pink to match the borders.
My next challenge will be deciding on the quilting. I might stitch a 1/4 inch around the stars, and maybe put a little heart inside the stars. I will probably stitch straight lines along the borders. Basically I will do something fairly simple to ensure it is completed in a reasonable time.