This is the technique I used when joining the ‘Quilt as you go’ blocks. These are some blocks I have made to use up my scraps from the Squedge quilt. I am using them to practice my free motion quilting, eventually I will make these blocks into a quilt.
Back To Back piecing of Quilt as you go completed blocks
1. Prepare to quilt the blocks, cut sashing one and half inches wide. Press the sashing in half then bring the sides to the centre and press.
2. Quilt the blocks
3. Pin the blocks ‘back to back’.
4.Sew and press seam open. The width of the seam is 3/8 inch.
5. Pin the pressed sashing in place.
6. Top stitch sashing along the edge of both sides.
7. The finished join on the back.
Happy Quilting Ilene